Thursday, March 31, 2011

BE THE BEHOLDER

Dear Angelic Blog Buddies:

In the Bible in Luke 2:10 we experience the word "behold" in divine dialogue from the angelic kingdom, when the angel says to the shepherds,

“Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people."

Just this week the Preakness promoters here in Baltimore released a poster with the headline that included the word BEHOLD. You don't see or hear the word BEHOLD very often, i.e. in the language of television commercials, etc.

The word BEHOLD has been crossing my path in a number of different ways over the past week. Whenever this happens, I know that spirit is communicating wisdom through being still and reflecting upon the word and its blessing for my life and sharing my inspirations with you in my blog.

It's funny, when I googled the word BEHOLD, one of the sites I was given referenced the furniture polish BEHOLD.

The definition of the word behold is to look at or observe.

I love the quotation, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

If we take the word apart and create two separate words we have the simple message: BE HOLD.

BE means: To have existence, truth or actuality

HOLD means: To take and keep close

Consider that the word BEHOLD reminds us to keep sacred or take close to ourselves the actuality, truth, existence of BEing. No matter what is going on around you, be holding onto your beingness. Hold the beingness.

Shakespeare gave us the inspiration: "To be or not to be, that is the question."

Are we living each moment with a consciousness that we are human beings who are gifted with a life filled with personally experiencing what it means to be?

We are here because God held the thought of our coming into being. God perceived us and conceived us as His divine creations. I love the Bible verse, "Imitate God as the child of light you are."

As I am writing my blog, I am remembering a poem that tells the story of the greeting message that the angels' give to each newborn baby upon its arrival. As the baby comes forth from the mother's womb, the angels' whisper one single word: BE.

Every day we have the opportunity to be...BEHOLDERS.

I asked the Library Angels to help with me this blog in offering a spiritual tool that would bless each and every one of you in understanding the holy gift and assignment we are each given in being BEHOLDERS.

The Library Angels never let me down and I was guided to pull off the bookshelf Joel S. Goldsmith's book The Art of Spiritual Healing in which he writes about embodying the beholder consciousness. Don't you just love it when you discover books you didn't even know you had? And even more amazing and wonderful is how the book contains information on the wisdom that spirit is emphasizing in our lives at this particular moment in time.

The copyright in the copy of the book I have is 1959. I was 8 years old when this book was published. Somehow the angels orchestrated it to be on my bookshelf when I needed it.

Joel shares that true prayer comes to completeness and perfection when there is no desire. It comes to full bloom in feeling communion when all sense of desire for anything has been laid aside. It is just as if it were Christmas morning and we have received all of our gifts. All of our wishes have been granted. Now all that remains is an all-encompassing feeling of, "Thank you."

When we lift our consciousness to this awareness of "Thank you, God," then comes the fullness and completeness of communion with God. We are resting, like a baby rests in its mother's arms. We have no desires, no wants, no needs. We rest in the knowingness that to BEHOLD is to allow ourselves to BE HELD in the arms of God.

Joel writes in his book, "We do not strive for supply. We behold supply as it unfolds infinitely from the one Source."

Additionally he offers this beautiful prayer which I share with you as a glorious spiritual blessing:

"The Father knoweth my needs, and I stand here as a beholder, not praying for opportunity tomorrow, but sitting quietly in this atmosphere of the Soul watching my opportunity come to me. Just as the rivers flow to the sea, their activity governed by some law of God because it is the normal and natural thing for a river to do - to flow to the sea to feed the vast oceans of our earth - so it is a normal and natural thing that God's grace flow to me. It has been damed up by desire, fear, doubt, and by my believing that God was something separate and apart from my being and was not aware of my needs. Now, I release all concern and stand as beholder of God's infinite goodness."

Isn't Joel's prayer beautiful? I love the inspiration his prayer gives to me. I will sit quietly in the atmosphere of the Soul...and watch and BEHOLD opportunity and infinite goodness coming to me.

Angelic Blessings of
being a BEHOLDER and
BEING HELD by
God's Infinite Goodness,

Love, Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment