Saturday, August 15, 2009

Soul Mirroring Experiences

Dear Angelic Blog Buddies:

I'm certain each of us have moments in our lives when we read a book and there is a passage that gives us an experience of confirming something we have felt but had never put it in words ourselves. We have felt something but have never expressed it ourselves or have someone express it for us. When it does occur, through perhaps reading it in a book, it is as if the author is mirroring our soul to us. It can be a soul shuttering experience because of the intimacy of the thought expressed.
I want to share one of my own personal experiences.

A few years ago Chuck and I went to Niagra Falls and on our way we stayed at a bed and breakfast in Corning, New York. The owners of the bed and breakfast had obtained in an estate sale a letter that had been written by Helen Keller. The owners had framed the letter and had it on display in their dining room. I can remember to this day, reading the letter and feeling my soul resonant in oneness with Helen's words. The letter is an absolute treasure. Let me first share the letter with you:

"93 Seminole Avenue
Forest Hills, New York
October 18, 1929
Dear Miss Kinscella:

In reply to your letter received this morning, I would say, my way of "seeing and hearing" the outer world is difficult to analyze. Indeed, I am almost convinced that my impressions cannot be expressed, except in mystical symbolism. When I try to tell people my idea of natural phenomena beyond the reach of my hands, I am profoundly troubled by the remoteness of my inner life, and yet the intensity of it is fresh and throbbing as a physical reality. Things perceived by the spirit are imperfectly inarticulate. Only the greatest poets can put into words shades of soul experience.

I put my hand on the violin or the sensitive diaphragm of the radio, and my body is flooded with rhythmical vibrations. My mind transmutes the silvery nerve-thrills into bird-songs and wind-songs, the tripping of tiny streams, the fluttering of moth and bee, the tremulous lisping of leaves. Thus my conception of music is built up of association and analogy.

I am extremely sensitive not only to musical vibration, but also to the exhalation of flowers. Beside their delicate texture and fragrance, I feel a Soul in them. That is what I mean by the personality of flowers. Subtly they suggest human attributes. Some flowers are friendly, adapting themselves to our moods. The rose lends itself to all our human experiences like a versatile companion. Some flowers have shy spirits that seem embarrassed when I touch them. The mimosa actually shrinks from the human hand. Other flowers caress my palm with tenderest speech of curling petal and rustling leaf. Every one feels the modesty of the violet and the thought that looks out of the upturned face of the pansy. Who does not welcome the big laugh of the peony, the childlike gaiety of daffodils, the mystical quality of the lilacs, the pungent good sense of chrysanthemums and marigolds. Any one can see the geraniums are cheerful, good-natured, work-a-day friends of man, and that the sunflower is an optimist, keeping its face ever towards the sun.

Professor Villey, a blind Frenchman, believes that my pleasure in music and color is derived through autosuggestion rather than perception. I imagine that is true, but it is also true of every one else.
Sincerely yours
Helen Keller"

As I read Helen Keller's words, I felt I was witnessing a brilliant artisan at work painting a masterpiece of the beauty of flowers through words. In particular, her words: "I am extremely sensitive not only to musical vibrations, but also to the exhalation of flowers. Beside their delicate texture and fragrance, I feel a Soul in them." was a soul mirroring experience for me.

I am someone who is sensitive to the breath of nature. Julie Andrews sang the words, "The hills are alive with the sound of music." I love these lyrics for I experience nature's breath, in particular the exhalation of nature. If you allow yourself, you can experience the breath of nature and the outbreathing of the flowers, trees and mountains, which for me is an experience of being enfolded in a tremendous vibration of love. I love nature and whenever I am in nature and allow myself to be still, I am sensitive to the enfolding, enveloping, loving outbreath that holds me like a divine caress. I sometimes feel the exhalation of nature is to remind me, through the breath of nature, that I too, am here to grow, blossom and bloom. Nature shares its breath with me to rejuvenate me; revitalize and revive me.

I interpret creation, or worlds being created for example, as the divine breathing out. When the divine breathes out, the invisible becomes visible. It does not have to be in the form of matter immediately. For example, I can be in nature, experiencing the exhalation of the flowers' breath, and an inspiration comes into my mind, i.e a thought takes form.

I am someone who encourages people to become familiar with Scotland's Findhorn, and America's own Findhorn-type gardens, i.e. Perelandra and Green Hope Farm. Perelandra's bookstore offers the Medical Assistance Program (MAP) book which is a wonderful spiritual reference for learning how to serve with nature's devas and elementals.

Molly Sheehan, in her wonderful Green Hope Farm guidebooks, records the messages of the flowers, which is a way of capturing the energies of the holy outbreath or exhalation of the flowers.

I believe that flower essences capture the energy of the holy breath of heaven and when we take essences, we are giving ourselves the blessing of receiving healing of divine resuscitation.

You've all heard the phrase, "Make time to stop and smell the roses." When we stop and smell roses, we are making time to breathe in the rose's exhalation of the heavenly vibration of love. Another way to experience of the exhalation of the rose is through essential oils, ie. anointing ourselves with essential oils.

The frequency of a healthy body ranges anywhere from 62 to 78Hz (units of frequency) with a frequency lower than 50Hz increasing your risk for illness such as cancer. Body frequency level can be changed by our thoughts, behaviors and the way we treat ourselves.

Dramatic frequency numbers begin to appear when talking about essential oils which are the vital power of plants. Scientific research has shown that essential oils vibrate on the highest frequency levels known and can produce environments where no disease, bacteria or viruse can survive. Most essential oil frequencies start at 52Hz and reach a maximum vibration of 320Hz which is the vibration of rose oil. Rose oil emanates the highest energy vibration of all known oils. Studies have proven that a drop of essential oil placed on a human foot can deliver its information into each and every cell in your body within 21 minutes. That's the exhalation of roses in action.

Flowers are divine healers. They exhale God's healing energies. Flowers bring us back to life with their exquisite beauty and healing breath.

Love in abundance, Jayne

2 comments:

  1. I found the link to this blog post in a tweet from @ShamanicHealer on Twitter. As a Reiki practitioner I can easily relate to Hellen Keller's mystical perceptions of flowers. I admit to being unware of Hellen's life outside scattered references like this and of course the famous Hollywood movie, "The Miracle Worker".

    It is especially interesting that Hellen should say that she felt the "soul" of the flowers. A fasinating use of a term which has such deep meaning for many involved with energy work.

    Thanks very much for sharing this insight into Hellen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow up comment: I almost forgot to also thank you for offering additional information about the vibrational qualities of essential oils. I brief became involved with the use of Bach Flower Remedies some years ago. However after I became a Reiki practitioner my interest in that area waned. Having read your post has given peaked my curiosity once again and stimulated me to dig out some of my books are revisit the subject.

    ReplyDelete